Bear Hunting in Maine
Heart-thumping black bear hunts
Baited Maine bear hunt season begins about the first of September and stays open for 4 weeks. Our exclusive bear bait sites cover over 45 square miles. We bear hunt from stands and ground blinds positioned for the firearm or bow enthusiast.
We offer several types of Maine bear hunts
After 3 years of not raising our prices, we are now forced to markup all of our rates by 10% to cover increasing costs/inflation. Our listed website prices do not show this additional 10% as we hope this measure is temporary. We appreciate your understanding and continued patronage.
6 day/7 night Bear Hunt Packages for one full week, beginning and ending on Sunday, with six full days of hunting. Our bear hunt packages are guided and include lodging, meals, game handling, transportation to and from your stand and areas for sighting of weapons.
Double Occupancy: $2095/week
Single Occupancy: $2295/week
Non-hunting guest: $850/week
3 day/4 night Bear Hunt Packages for those of you who can only get away for a few days. Our bear hunt packages are guided and include lodging, meals, game handling, transportation to and from your stand and areas for sighting of weapons.
Double Occupancy: $1200/hunter
Single Occupancy: $1300/hunter
Non-hunting guest: $475/week
Youth Day Bear Hunt Package - the Saturday, before opening day each year. A day for our younger hunters (age 16 and under) to get out on the very first day of the season to hunt under a mentor. Our bear hunt packages are guided and include lodging, meals, game handling, transportation to and from your stand and areas for sighting of weapons. Click here for information on Youth Days.
Double Occupancy: $450/youth hunter & mentor
6 day/7 night Efficiency Bear Hunt - for one full week, beginning and ending on Sunday, with six full days of hunting. Our efficiency hunt packages are semi-guided and include lodging with a fully equipped kitchen so you can cook your own meals, game handling, transportation to and from your stand and areas for sighting of weapons.
Double Occupancy: $1350/hunter
Single Occupancy: $1550/hunter
Prices do not include licenses, tags, tax or gratuity and are subject to change
Discount for our Military men & women. Call for details. Thank you for your service.
The "Fine Print"
Bowlin Camps is the best choice for Bear Hunting
- Youth hunts available - hunters under 16 are free. Share the tradition, get our kids out in the woods.
- Bowlin Camps Lodge has enjoyed an annual 50% or greater success rate for over 30 years.
- Dozens of active bait sites deep in bear habitat
- We bait licensed bear hunting sites for three to four weeks and make sure that you hunt a fresh, active site that no one else has hunted.
- Being adjacent to thousands of protected Katahdin Woods & Water National Monument acres puts little pressure on our bears.
- Carefully positioned tree stands or ground blinds to accommodate your choice of weapon.
- Your own private cabin with bathroom, hot shower & housekeeping service
- Fully equipped kitchens in your cabin for you to prepare your own meals with our Efficiency Plan Hunts
- Opportunities to hunt coyote or to fish when you get your bear early in the week.
- Learn techniques to help you judge the size of bears coming into your site.
- Personal attention from our guides and staff. We can customize your Maine bear hunt.
Maine Black Bears - "Ghosts of the Forest"
Because bears move about in total silence, even experienced hunters are surprised when one suddenly appears in front of them. Mature adult males average 200 - 500 pounds, and mature females 100-400 pounds.
- Black Bear Hunting Season
- State of Maine Bear Hunting Information
- Purchase Your Bear Hunting License Online